”The wonderful eagerness with which Nijland explores the possibilities of his instrument is contagious and leaves you wanting more.”
Dion teaches double bass at the Jazz & Pop department of the ArtEZ Conservatory in Arnhem.
- Dion’s solo-cd I PLAY ME has been reviewed more then 10 times in De Volkskrant, Trouw, Jazzism, Jazznu and more. A highlight quote session can be witnessed here.
- HOT (Het Orgel Trio) has composed a new program with music based in the ‘song book’ of Jan Pieterszoon Sweelinck.
- GIST is a collective of musicians from Utrecht. September 3rd 2020 the first GIST Festival took place! Gist will continue at the Museum Speelklok from September 2021 on.
- 31 October, Ingen Navn Trio ft Dion Nijland, Jazz Festival Nijmegen, Lindenberg, Nijmegen, 15.00
- 7 November, DEON, Stichting Jazz in Nijmegen (JIN), Thiemeloods, Nijmegen, 15.00
- 11 November, INDRA, Theater de Liefde, Haarlem, 20.30
- 19 November, Playstation (Remise), De Tor, Enschede, 20.30
- 21 November, HOT & Brass, Reflections of Duke, Garnwerd, 16.15
- 26 November, Playstation (Remise), De Pletterij, Haarlem, 20.00