”The wonderful eagerness with which Nijland explores the possibilities of his instrument is contagious and leaves you wanting more.”
Dion teaches double bass at the Jazz & Pop department of the ArtEZ Conservatory in Arnhem.
- Concerts DEON from October 2023 on, releasing debut-cd. First REVIEWS!
- HOT’s 3rd album (containing contemporary arrangments of song variations of Sweelinck) will be released in October 2023 during the Festival Orgel Anders
- Dion’s composers grant application was awarded by FPK, he’ll be writing for DEON and a string trio during the upcoming period
- Dion’s solo-cd I PLAY ME has been reviewed more then 10 times in De Volkskrant, Trouw, Jazzism, Jazznu and more. A highlight quote session can be witnessed here.
- May 13, Frans Vermeerssen Trio, presenting The Trail, Rowolde, 20.00
- May 15, impro session by Raoul van der Weide, Amsterdam, 20.00
- May 21, Utrecht Jazz Archipel, TivoliVredenburg, Utrecht, 15.00
- May 29, HOT, Basiliek Sint Jan, Oosterhout, 15.00
- June 4, HOT, Jazzvesper, Nicolaïkerk, Utrecht, 17.00
- June 11, HOT, Lutherse Kerk, Apeldoorn, 13.00
- August 24, HOT, Grote Kerk Wageningen, 20.00
- August 26, Frans Vermeerssen Trio, presenting The Trail, Zomerjazzfietstour, Groningen
- September 9, HOT, preview new album Sweelinck – Jazz from the 17th century, Utrecht, 15.00
- September 15, Utrecht Jazz Archipel ft Henk Kraaijenveld, Jazzfest Naarden, 20.00